Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Apartment in New Hampshire

We moved to New Hampshire for my Dad's job, and on August 5th, 1984 my birth my brother Michael Glenn Brown Jr. was born. Unlike myself his pregnancy was planned, and less of a surprise/stress. It was great to have a sibling so close in age to me. Throughout our lives we remained constant friends, even if we did fight from time to time when we were young. We lived in a little apartment of which I have only two memories.

Mike and I shared a bedroom. One time in particular I really wanted to go play in my room but Mike was napping. So I started banging on the door to get him to wake up so I could go back in my room. Mom wasn't too happy, but at such a young age I didn't really think of the concept of waking the baby up.

A set of twins lived across the hallway, Hannah and Charles. They were around my age, so sometimes we played together. My second memory of the apartment is one of my being at their house and their mom giving me juice to drink. It was apple juice. I thought we were so lucky to get juice; it was just so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment